Friday, October 10, 2008

NWA Pet Report

Straight out of NWA!

Says Allanah:

The first picture is my step-dog, Lucy. She's about 9 or 10, we don't really know because she was rescued. My boyfriend Dave took her in after she'd been left tied up to a rope for several days after her owner died an untimely and tragic death. He remembered the guy's dog and went and found her. She's a little co-dependently obsessed with him as a result. She loves me almost as much as him now, after nearly 2 years of cohabitation, because I take her for regular walks.



The 2nd two pictures are CHICKLET! My daughter Stella and I are obsessed with her. She came into our lives by what can only be described as fate, or a miracle. Our beloved cat Simon died tragically and suddenly in early 2006. We think he was accidentally poisoned. He was found in our neighbor's yard. We were in serious mourning when, a week or so later, I heard a faint "mew" outside and, on autopilot, went to open the door like I used to always do for Simon. This tiny little malnourished black street kitty stared at me through the screen door. She immediately hopped inside, walked a loop around the living room, hopped up on the couch, put her head in Stella's lap and looked up at me like, "So can I live here?" And we were adopted....just like that. She's still on the small side (8 lbs), but is a stealthy hunter, warm cuddler, night spazzer, and shower water-licker. She can also be a ragdoll and allow me to hold her on her back and cradle her like a baby. In the winter she sleeps under the covers.


DING-DONG!

Hiding spot:


So...those are our pets. I'm crazy about both of them. Although I'd like more cats; I'm currently not allowed by my boyfriend, or our lease. Damn.

No comments: